Monday, January 4, 2010

Bathroom Monologue: What would happen if a dog met God?

I don’t know what your dog did. Mine ran right up to Him and sniffed all over. I guess she smelled His dogs, and since He created everything, he had a lot of them to sniff. Being patient enough to make a universe, He stood still for most of it, then petted her. She went really stiff, then started running around like she was a one-year-old again. She’d had a bum leg every since I’d owned her. I should have figured that would fix it, though – petting is a form of laying hands. She ran around Him a bit, then was off like He was never there. He was cool. Seemed used to it.

2 comments:

  1. "I guess she smelled His dogs." Outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cross an insomniac, dyslexic, and an agnostic and you get someone who stays up all night wondering if there is a dog. i like this piece.

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008