Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bathroom Monologue: Joking About Dying

A guy gets home from the hospital. As he enters, his landlord asks, "What did they say?"

"I forget about you," says the guy. "Can I make jokes about dying with you?"

"No, that's not funny."

"Oh, okay," he says. "I'm fine. Everything came back negative."

He goes upstairs. The girl from across the way opens her door.

"Hey, how'd the hospital go?"

He thinks a minute.

"I forget about our last conversation. Can I make jokes about dying with you?"

"That's just disturbing. Why would you do that?"

"Sorry. I'm fine. Everything came back negative."

A minute of failed flirting later, he walks into his apartment. His roommate doesn't even look up from Call of Duty.

"What's up?" his roommate asks. The guy smiles for a minute before sitting down next to him. He knows how he can speak with his roommate.

“Knock knock,” the guy says.

“Who’s there?”

"I'm dying."

4 comments:

  1. Has anybody told you in the last 58 minutes or so that you are disturbed? Yes? Oh, well, never mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take both of the above as the highest compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nobody knows better than he who's been there. Well, almost. Nice to see you round, John.

    My verification word is "negal", which doesn't mean anything but seems like a really nice word, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008