Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Writing Prompt: Death of the Horrible

This is somewhere between a writing prompt and a challenge. I'm not sure how many people will try it for #fridayflash - but if you do, please tell me and link back to this post. If we get a few, I'll link them all together in a nexus post and we can see what directions everyone took it. It was the genesis for Possible Origins for Him. 12.

Make me regret the death of a horrible person based on some relationship he/she had to a living character.

6 comments:

  1. Ahem: http://www.tonynoland.com/2011/04/death-of-horrible.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine FARf sitting on a log, tapping the side of his head with his fingertips, saying "think… think… think…"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sitting on the log beside FARf who, by the way, is hogging all the room.
    Look at that keener Noland up there, already posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noland went mad there. I thought I'd accidentally stolen an idea from him or something with how quickly he linked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say, Cathy? I saw the prompt, had the idea, boom - story.

    Or rather, BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! - story.

    p.s. I'm going to assume that "keener" is a Canadian slang term meaning "one who is to be admired and imitated; an exemplar".

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, I don't enjoy writing to prompts, and I don't think I ever have. But this is a great idea to explore all sorts of relationships and emotions. Consider this sketch a very crude first attempt:

    http://goo.gl/eoBLt

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008