Sunday, June 2, 2013

John wins the "Sunshine Award"!


It must be meme season, because I've received at least four blog hop invitations this week alone! The one I've been most tardy about is Laura Besley's "Sunshine Award." This has to be for what a nice guy I am, since it's been overcast, raining or tornadoing every day for weeks.
The second-only hand-drawn award I've ever gotten. They're some of my favorites.
They're fairly standard blogger rules:

  1. Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
  2. Link to the person who nominated you.
  3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
  4. Pass it on to a few cheery souls.

I've edited them a little to make Sunday easier. Laura's questions are much more normal than the ones I typically get! Here we go:

1. Favorite color?
The range of green that verdant plants turn as rain clouds gather.

2. Favorite animal?
Humans. Also least favorite.

3. Favorite number?
35. No one can tell you why.

4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Water is high up there. Also Cherry Coke.

5. Favorite alcoholic drink?
The one you leave in a bottle, followed by you driving home sober and not sideswiping my car.

6. Facebook or Twitter?
Twitter, but I'm finally warming up to FB by taking it less seriously.

7. Passions?
Tolerance. Humor. Videogames. Literature. Laughing too loud. Amateur yelling.

8. Prefer getting or giving presents?
This is at the mercy of mood. My absolute favorite is getting someone a present I know they'll love and making the receipt elaborate, like staging a scavenger hunt in their house. At the same time, when I am miserable and the syndrome is wrecking my body, there is a purely consumerist joy that reaches a spiritual level to have a friend just send me something off my Amazon or Steam wishlists. I ought to feel bad about how much that can mean to me.

9. Favorite City?
The ones I haven't been to. Even discounting my asthma and allergies to the crap they pump into their air, I am simply not a city person.

10. Favorite TV Shows?
Let me just list my recent favorites, things I've been watching in the last year: Archer, Charlie Rose, Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Breaking Bad, In Treatment, Veep, Newsroom, Luther, and Black Dynamite. Surveying this, I realize I watch almost all of my television streaming after the fact now. Even waiting for Netflix discs is more convenient when you're a night-writer.

I'm going to pass this award onto three people who've been very cheery to me on social media.
1. Catherine "Ganymeder" Russell was going to get this even before she gave me an award themed after cupcakes, but really, that's all the ground you need to cover.
2. Helen Howell, the only person I know of who goes around Twitter wishing people a good morning.
3. Carrie Clevenger, who most recently made the politest comparison between myself and George Carlin as you could possibly make. I don't know if she plays these games - I guess we'll find out. It'd be funny if she made one of her vampires take the Sunshine quiz.

9 comments:

  1. That is a stunning award - and a little sunshine in your life is certainly overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award! It's always fun to learn a little more about the people you interact with on the 'internets.' :D

    Thank you for nominating me! I'll write up a post and schedule it for sometime this week. And don't forget to enjoy your virtual cupcakes. They're not even bad for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve a sunshine award...you brighten every blog you visit with your comments. (It always pleases me to learn you took the time to read my stories.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You DO deserve ths and I am proud to know you! Also, I love your wonderful answers to the questions!

    xox jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey John,

    I did the questions for you. My blog is dead and I did these specifically for you. Me and my vampire, Xan Marcelles. Enjoy.

    1. Favorite color?
    CC – I’m not biased against any color except yellow. When I buy clothes, they tend to be either black or a warm color, such as red.
    XM – Blue and black.
    2. Favorite animal?
    CC – I like animals on a general basis. Lions and elephants, condors. Snakes. Turtles.
    XM – At gunpoint, I’d say dogs or wolves. But not the kind that shift. Usually. Unless she’s hot? I dunno. The sprouting fur thing kind of weirds me out.
    3. Favorite number?
    CC – Eleven. Or twelve. Twelve seems to be my lucky number.
    XM – The set that doesn’t make me cringe when it shows up on a call.
    4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink?
    CC – Good water. And coffee.
    XM – You really gotta ask this?
    5. Favorite alcoholic drink?
    CC – Wine. I’m generally unbiased what kind. Wine that matches my food. Or mood.
    XM – Whiskey. I dunno what unbiased is. The whiskey kind of whiskey.
    6. Facebook or Twitter?
    CC- Both serve a purpose. Facebook is better for picture sharing and thoughtful discussion. Twitter seems to be a rolling ticker of links lately.
    XM – What she said.
    7. Passions?
    CC – Food. Travel. On that note, stark landscapes. I dabble in art. I like to believe I can write better than bad. Music is essential. Knowledge. Death.
    XM – Music, whiskey and cars. In no particular order.
    8. Give or get presents?
    CC – I’m always surprised to get presents. I love giving to people who will be surprised. It’s my ultimate joy to give things to a person that they couldn’t have otherwise.
    XM – Not really into either. Can’t afford to really give so getting makes me feel like a charity case.
    9. Favorite city?
    CC – Austin. There’s no place like home.
    XM – Give me a place away from the city. If I can get in trouble where I’m at now, the city is probably fifty times worse.
    10. Favorite TV shows?
    CC – Supernatural, Game of Thrones and Bones.
    XM – I like western shows or ones with guns and gratuitous-type peeks. Nothing in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you John and Good Morning to you! As I've already had this award twice I'll add your name to the list, I feel honoured that people think I'm worthy of this bright little award - so thanks again! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I echo many of your favorite TV shows, which is surprising given our starkly contrasting views on many others...

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed reading your answers, John! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha as usual you're hilarious! And good morning sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008