This wasn't my best week. Starting Monday and hitting hard Tuesday, my body started rejecting my new medication. I've only gotten some clarity in the last day or so, and am struggling for productivity. I see the doctor for the next consult on Thursday.
In related news, Ross Dillon cheated recently. He was tagged in a Facebook game to post "three positive things for three days," and he posted nine all at once. He's a man after my own heart.
I read his list minutes after finishing a short story and was quite exhausted. I played along. No reason not to be positive here for the span of nine items.
1. Marathoning the first season of Lost.
2. A writer I respect saying he was compelled to stay up late to read to the end of a story he beta read for me.
3. Ice cream cakes.
4. Homemade ice cream cake substitutes.
5. Grilling hamburgers.
6. People who smile when the rain reaches them.
7. Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comic.
8. Telltale's The Walking Dead game.
Hearing the version of the ending theme of Naoki Urasawa's Monster, an
instrumental song which always creeeped me out, and finding the lyrics
inspirational and reassuring.
I confess just listening to For The Love of Life cold won't have the same effect.