Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bathroom Monologue: AE Micro Contest Entry

Today’s story is a contest entry. AE Micro is launching their zine with a contest for 200-word stories on the theme of “micro.” I’ve written them one and they’ve posted it.

John Wiswell’s “Microscope” is Entry 27 on this page: http://aescifi.ca/index.php?nav=contest

It’s about a Biology student who sees something in a microscope, and that thing seeing him back. The universe ends 200 words later.

You have to scroll down to read it because, in the interest of fairness, they’ve posted every entry on the same page in order of submission. There is no public voting. You can still have a read and tell me what you think here. Maybe you’ll whip up your own super-short.

5 comments:

  1. That one gave me a good chuckle, when Carl shook the slide, teehee. Love this view of the world...worlds? Hurricaines, avalanches, and earthquakes might just be a slide dropping~
    Good luck, John! It is a well-written, fun story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it. I especially liked the last line which I won't give away here.

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two. I had fun trying to fit the idea into 200 words. Especially glad the ending seems to have worked...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can always count on the stuff here being inventive and making me think...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah! You never know where you are in the pecking order, do you?

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008