Monday, December 31, 2012

100,000 Hits

I don't run many milestone posts, but I had to do this one. Sitemeter has long been flawed, but it's been monitoring my blog for so many years that I've grown attached to its often incorrect, often low-balled numbers. Usually the number on my page and the embedded counter don't even match up. Thanks to you, yesterday the counter finally ticked over 100,000 unique visits to The Bathroom Monolouges.






It stalled out at around 99,000 several days ago, and I thought Sitemeter was finally going belly up. A shame, really, since it'd be a wonderful way to ring in 2013. I love round numbers.


While it's a milestone, it's also an excuse to thank you. Thank you for every visit, every reading, and every comment you've left. Thank you for laughing, even when inappropriate, and cringing, especially when appropriate.

The Bathroom Monologues have been a weird rabbit hole to descend into. Between hits 1 and 100,000 I've made my first pro-rate sale, gotten my first partial-request, done anthologies and writing conventions. I'm deep into writing a second novel while still figuring out the best home for the first. A lot of a career has ticked away as you've clicked. Thank you, sincerely, because you've made much of this art worthwhile.


8 comments:

  1. No, thank YOU John! When I started blogging yours was one of the first blogs I ever came across and I was SO impressed by the quality of your writing and the success of your blog. Thanks for being an inspiration! Congratulations on cresting the 100,000 mark and cheers for another happy, writerly new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're doing quite well in the blogosphere, Cathy! I'd say you passed me a while ago. You're quite welcome for any and all inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! I love your blog, and love to visit when I can. Your energy and perseverence are traits I admire. May 2013 bring in another 100,000 hits. Peace...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The perseverance is largely a byproduct of not stopping my imagination. It's a little bit like cheating, though I am considering dropping off from daily posts this year. What do you think?

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, John! And here's to the next 100,000 hits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I signed on to site meter and they kept telling me there were 0 hits, even when Blogger was telling me people were actually looking and I had comments to prove it. So I asked them to deactivate my account. And they still send me emails saying 0 hits.

    Anyway, CONGRATS! You're damn persistent. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thanks are due to you. You never disappoint. Sometimes (often) I laugh, sometimes as you say I cringe. I learn things, and a visit here is ALWAYS worthwhile.
    And 100,000 hits is awe-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008