Sunday, April 28, 2013

Close to the Close



I’m sitting pretty. The last two posts for the A-to-Z Challenge are in the queue, Y taking us into a risky line of work, and Z taking us to the deadest place on the planet. It’s been fun and surprisingly easy to blog like this. It turns out having a common theme between a month’s posts, especially one I’ve worked on for so long, kicks on my novel-senses and makes it easier than thirty unrelated posts. I’d say I’ve missed the random fiction, but I’ve been too busy being half-dead for most of the month.

Aside from #fridayflash, the site saw very few true Bathroom Monologues in the last month. That’ll change this week. I might do a wrap-up post on Wednesday, but there will be at least one non-Fantasy Bathroom Monologue before May 3rd’s #fridayflash.

Constant readers: what kinds of Bathroom Monologues have you missed in April? The really short ones? Dialogue-driven? Monologue-only stories? The really goofy ones? I’m very curious what readers hankered for during the April experiment.

I’m also grateful, to readers old and faithful, and new and minty. You’re why I’ve kept this up for years.

7 comments:

  1. Your skill at creating dialogue and monologue in real voice has always been one of my favorites, and most admired contributions on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been wonderful getting to see your work over this past month, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your blog in May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a pleasure discovering you thanks to the challenge and I'm looking forward to your regular posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should write what you fancy - and surprise us ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same reaction to the month-long theme. Surprisingly straightforward to get a lot of words on the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've enjoyed seeing you stay on one topic for the month, though you still covered a heck of a lot exploring that amazing world of yours. I haven't felt at all cheated.

    As for what I'd like to see next, I'm gonna put it on you. I think writers write best when they write what they want, what their imaginations lead them too. There aren't many of your pieces that I don't enjoy so I'm pretty confident that whatever comes up next will be just as fun for me the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I'm new to the blog because of A to Z, I'm not familiar with your earlier stuff. Looking forward to reading it, whatever you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008