Tuesday, November 27, 2018

My 2018 Publications


It's been a busy year! Most of my writing time this year has gone into the hardest novel I've ever written, which was a heck of a climb, and left me a better writer than I've ever been before. 2018 is my first year having something published my Uncanny Magazine, the first year I had a story get featured on Boing Boing, and the first year an editor accepted my story *in person*. It makes me feel fortunate both to have such supportive markets, and to be working in a time when so many other inspiring writers are putting out work.

I have three stories eligible for awards in 2018, as well as two non-fiction pieces I'm particularly proud of.

Fiction

Tank!
(~900 words)
Diabolical Plots, June 1st
A sapient tank tries to make friends at their first Sci Fi convention.


Buyers' Remorse and Seven Slain Cause 'Adorable' Robot Dinosaur Stock to Plummet Tuesday
(932 words)
Robot Dinosaurs, May 25th
A small town newspaper chronicles how the perfect holiday gift backfired at a local retailer.

 
Fascism and Facsimiles
(~900 words)
Fireside Magazine, June
Two henchpeople learn the hero they've always fought is colluding
with their employer, and they have a crisis of faith in evil.



Non-Fiction

The Stories Our Games Tell Us: Excellent Game Narratives of 2017
Uncanny Magazine, January
On the wildly diverse kinds of stories and storytelling in modern games.
Includes Pyre, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Night in the Woods,
Divinity Original Sin 2, Hollow Knight,
What Remains of Edith Finch, and NieR: Automata.


The Expendable Disabled Heroes of Marvel's Infinity War
Disabled People Destroy Science Fiction, September
On the MCU's historic failure of writing people with disabilities
and how it culminated in exploitation throughout their most popular film.


I can't talk about upcoming 2019 publications yet, but have some announcements coming. Thanks to everyone for your support!

1 comment:

  1. Huge congratulations.
    When time allows I will follow the links you so generously gave us.

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008