Monday, February 25, 2008

Bathroom Monologue: “For the sun, even a million years is a blip in time.” –Narrator, History Channel’s The Universe

“A blip? You think a million years is little to me? Why is it that you humans think something with a longer period of existence cares less about time? A million years is a treasure trove to me. It is a million units of how far my radiance can reach. The measure of my grasp. Every microsecond my atoms collide and fuse. Millions, billions, trillions of reactions a minute, and I know every one of them better than you know what you behold with your eyes. My core is denser than solid lead and hotter than gaseous metal, down to the atoms, expanding broader than your planet, all the time. I am a miracle. A million years is not a blip. It is a kingdom of radiance. It is a very long time. It is only a blip in relation to the time I waited for you.”

1 comment:

  1. This is as beautiful as it is clever. I love the sun's eloquence - it makes sense that the sun would be a hell of a lot better at expressing itself than most humans. It's been around a lot longer and has more practice, even if most of its expressions are in the form of various radiations.
    I'm savoring this one.

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008