Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bathroom Monologue: Spread it on Asphalt Toast

The giants bided the afternoon behind a couple of fast food billboards. At 4:55, Shean could barely contain herself, but Cyclo kept her honest. You couldn’t collect this stuff too quickly. Like honey or wine, it had to age. 5:00. 5:05. 5:10, and even Cyclo wavered, salivating at the smell of all the exhaust wafting off the highway. When horns started honking, they broke out and charged the interstate with their bottles. They caught hundreds of cars that day, enough traffic jam to last them all winter.

5 comments:

  1. At the risk of raising your ire, I really did legitimately laugh out loud at this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great visual! I don't know how you come up with stuff like this, but I'm glad you do - it's like yoga for my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Legitimate laughter won't raise my ire, but that's a good dig, Barry! I'm glad you all enjoyed this. The goofy and pun-based ones are still some of the most fun to write.

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008