Monday, May 4, 2015

Sold Two Stories!

Part of why I've been so quiet for the last couple months is intense writing and editing work. I've had my fingers in so many different projects that I'm not sure how to begin counting them all. But today I'm happy to announce two: I've sold "Bones at the Door" to Fireside Fiction, and a special reprint of "Alligators by Twitter" to The Sockdolager!

"Bones at the Door" is a Horror Comedy about a little girl's relationship with the local flesh-eating monster. It's one of the best structured stories I've ever written, and I have to thank Max Cantor for giving it a thoughtful critique that showed me how to finish it. I can't wait to show it to you all.

"Alligators by Twitter" was my first-ever pro sale, and is the Twitter feed of a man whose house is invaded by suspiciously intelligent alligators. He really wants to trend before he gets eaten. The way we use Twitter has changed since the original publication, and editor Paul Starr helped me update the story just enough that there are some new laughs.

Both publication dates are pending, but I'll be sure to announce when they're available. Hopefully I'll have more good news in the near future. I'm about to dive back into a novel.

One sneak announcement, though: this Wednesday I'll host a guest-post by my old #fridayflash buddy Peter Newman, whose debut novel just came out from Harper Collins! I'm so proud of Peter and look forward to him telling you about The Vagrant.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, John! Double awesome.
    Twittering about invading smart alligators - now that does sound funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, congrats, John! Double the fun, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, John. Great news! Cheers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double congratulations! Both stories sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your sales! Both sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's some really exciting news. Congratulations and I can't wait to see how things go for you. Don't forget to get away from the computer a bit and enjoy the springtime by getting outside, even if it's just for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news...and well deserved success. I'm very intrigued by the Twitter story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on selling your stories! Woot woot!

    I'm particularly interested in hearing more about your Twitter story. Twitter is a resourceful place, even though it sometimes makes me think of junior high. So throw in some alligators, and now you have a very interesting setting.

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008