Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Bathroom Monologue: The AenIbeforeEexceptafterCandsometimesincrazyRomanepicsied

This is why I don't pick on people who type "then" for "than" or "fourty" for "forty." It's because of Virgil (or "Vergil") and his stupid Anied. I mean "Aenied." I MEAN "AENEID." Dammit, it's happening again! I'll never be able to spell it, no matter how hard I try. I swear I've written paper after paper referencing the poem, switching where the "i" and "e" go, even using that silly "ae" single letter character, and no matter how often I spellchecked it, it came back circled in red. Is there a society of geniuses who switch how it's spelled whenever I write about it? How do they know which spelling I'll decide on in advance? How do they pull it off? And is the conspiracy just against me? Spellcheck and see for you'reself.

1 comment:

Counter est. March 2, 2008