Sunday, December 2, 2007

Bathroom Monologue: Outtake from Lo, and the Devil Died

"Think about it. Your feet carry you around for your whole life. They balance you, not just a ball of meat, but one with an oddly shaped head and arms sticking out way up past your center of gravity. If one is to master the body, one must exercise from the legs. Master Storm Crow found the tallest, steepest hill, and had me push stones up it only using my feet. If it rolled away, I would have to catch it with my toes or the side of my foot. I could not carry it, or even stop it with my hands if it rolled away. Over time and success, he increased the size of the stones. He got pretty mean-spirited with the size of those things. By our last days at that hill, he had me rolling a boulder five times my own weight."
"And then what?"
"Then he brought me to a mountain, and had me start over."
Puck scratched the back of his head. "Unbelievable."
Lo chuckled and got back on the beaten path. "'Unbelievable,' eh? Well if you cannot believe that much, no sense in telling you what he did to my arms."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter est. March 2, 2008